Thursday 19 May 2011

Well, here we are...

HELLO, We're here, sending our message out into the ether of cyberspace. Over the next few weeks we will be finding our feet and hoping  to reflect on the work that we do at Urban Seed's Credo Cafe. This blog is mainly going to be for our personal reflections and muddlings as we go about our work, but it may interest you too. If so, read along with us as we learn about life and community together.

Danyelles perspective:
At certain points over my time at Credo two teenage boys have suddenly appeared in the cafe. They are brothers, who've seemed know everyone. I can see them now, standing in front of the counter laughing and    joking with the men and women at Credo.I had thought for some time that their dad was a certain man. Well, I found out today that they were actually someone else's boys! What a surprise. I was fascinated by this shift in perception of who belonged to who. I was telling Mehrin about this and she said she thougt it was a bit like how they say it takes a village to raise a child. That the boys were so integrated into the community that I couldn't tell who they belonged to. They just belonged. How beautiful is that sentence. They have their preferences of whats cool and what's not but they are accepted and considered a part of the goings on. I wish more teenage boys could have that.

No comments:

Post a Comment